The County of San Diego Emergency Rental Assistance Program provides grants of up to $3,000 to cover rent for eligible households financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications can be submitted starting December 1, 2020. The County will continue to take applications until funds are depleted. Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and assistance will be paid directly to the landlord.
- Eligible Areas: Individuals and families countywide. Residents who live within jurisdictions with their own COVID-19 rental relief program would not be eligible for the County program unless those jurisdictions’ funds have already been depleted. (All cities included except – Carlsbad, National City, and San Marcos)
- Eligible Income: Household income must fall at or below 60% Area Median Income as established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. (See 60% AMI chart)
- COVID-19 Related Financial Hardship: Households must have experienced a financial hardship directly related to COVID-19. This includes loss or reduction of income due to COVID-19 or increase in medical expenses incurred as a direct result of COVID-19.
- Drop Off: South Bay Community Services at 430 F. Street Chula Vista, CA 91910 (Monday- Friday 8:30am-5:00pm), Email: email@example.com
- For more information https://sbcssandiego.org/assistance-for-south-region-residents-experiencing-covid-related-hardship/
- Family Resource Center (304 W. 18th St., National City) Monday-Friday, 8 am-12 pm and 1pm-5 pm.
- South Bay Community Services at 430 F. Street Chula Vista, CA 91910 (Monday- Friday 8:30am-5:00pm)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information visit https://southbaycommunityservices.org/national-city-rental-assistance/
County of San Diego program online application
- For more information visit www.sdhcd.org
You will be able to find applications, flyers and guidelines on this Google folder